AA Home Emergency Response
he AA offers three levels of cover – from £4.99 per month for members and £5.99 for non-members – for home rescue packages to tackle a raft of problems, including plumbing, electrics, pests, gas, roof damage and water supply. Even though the highest level of cover, including an annual boiler service, costs £19.99 per month for AA members, and £21.99 for non-members, the AA claims its prices will save 27% on equivalent Homeserve policies, and 33% on those of British Gas.
The AA says: “For too long, the emergency market has been dominated by a small number of players and it’s time to offer a wider choice. For over 100 years, we’ve been rescuing people on the roads, so it’s a natural progression for the AA to transfer these skills to the home.”
Boiler and Central Heating Breakdown Cover AA Boiler and Central Heating Breakdown Cover provides the reassurance that your boiler will be promptly repaired if it breaks down, so you won’t be left without heating or hot water.
What types of boiler are covered?
- * natural gas and LPG
- * combination boilers up to 10 years old
- * condensing boilers up to 10 years old
- * conventional boilers up to 15 years old Identify your central heating boiler
The following types of boilers are not covered:
- * gas boilers with an output of more than 60 kw/hr
- * oil-fired, wood-fired and electric boilers
What if my boiler can’t be repaired?
If your boiler is beyond repair you’ll receive up to £250 towards the cost of purchasing a new boiler.
What isn’t covered by Boiler and Central Heating Breakdown Cover?
* Boilers which haven’t been properly maintained * Repairs that require a Powerflush™ * Replacing or repairing steel, lead or central heating iron pipes * Removing asbestos associated with the repair * Air locks or the balancing of the central heating system * Adjustments to the central heating controls including relighting the pilot light/flame * Descaling or desludging because of hard or corrosive water damage * Refilling the heating system with additives such as a corrosion inhibitor
Please see the Home Emergency Response Policy Booklet for full details of Boiler and Central Heating Breakdown Cover.